Monday, April 12, 2010

a hermit crab outgrows its shell

while i was busy getting rid of the peeling nail-polish from my fingers, i heard the doorbell ring but was too lazy to go get it. i figured they would be my housemates' friends as rarely any of my friends show up here. but then, i remembered they have all gone to class, so i went to see who was there.

there he was, carrying a huge secret recipe paperbag on his right hand. i was very surprised, all i could do was smile until my lips were sore. he's having his finals but drove all the 40 minutes here to surprise me! and i thought that he was a person who has no surprises up his sleeve, i was wrong. i love him more than ever!

chocolate chip walnut cake. loves X)


and then mum sent me this heartfelt message. i could only imagine how she must have felt as she type this message. i could only imagine to feel what it's like to see your little girl growing up into a woman as she has seen me grow. i could only imagine. i cried of happiness, gratitude and love. noone can love me like mummy loves me.

click to enlarge if u wanna cry with me

on the side note, this was what hui drew for me on facebook; i love it to death!

gigantic xiaoxiao with me

barely one day into being 21 and i have already started to feel more grown-up. i realized that the only thing that matters is loving and appreciating the people who loves and appreciates you. i realized that despite being flawed, there is still someones who think me perfect, who thinks only the best of me, who loves me for who i am, who cares for me so deeply it pains their hearts to see me grow up.

a hermit crab outgrows its shell and has to move into bigger territory, into the unknown, into a realm of independence, of exploration, of emancipation.
i feel that way.

No comments: