Wednesday, April 28, 2010

afterwords


it's funny how little things make me so much happier,
when the urgency of finishing an assignment is over,
with all the weight lifted off my shoulders,
i looked back at the pictures i took these few days,
and through them i felt feelings i had never had when i took them,
i was too fussed up with the lab report.
i had never been given gifts by strangers,
and was overwhelmed when the guy in the condo management office gave me this key-chain,
he doesnt know me, and i dont know him.
it says "fu", which means "blessing" in Mandarin,
how meaningful.


i went shopping alone today after i handed in my lab report,
and it felt good to be out walking again.
i can see the sky and the clouds,
so much better than facing the four walls of my room,
and the computer screen with loads of psychological terms and statistics displayed across it.
sitting on the shuttle bus by the window,
i see a girl in a yellow top,
a yellow vw beetle,
people carrying yellow recyclable bags,
forever21 yellow shopping bags.
it all made me think of this f21 yellow skirt


i fell in love with it the first time i see it,
and went to try it on today.
love it more, but i decided not to buy it.
maybe i will go back during the weekends to visit it in penang,
and maybe by that time i would change my mind.

it really feels good to have a burden off my shoulders,
until the next assignment dues that is,
in 2 weeks' time.
at least i get this weekend free,
at home,
with all the people that i love and cherish,

that's what matters most.

No comments: