Sunday, June 21, 2009

Papa,


love u papa

The other day you said that you did not have the opportunity to be in university, and that you are very proud of me for being able to make it here. You said you would give me all the support and help I needed. You wanted me to study hard so I would not regret it later.

At that moment I could not think of anything to say but just to smile. Deep in my heart I know how much you want me to be successful in my studies and my life.

You are not one who expresses your emotions through kisses and hugs, but one who would quietly stand behind your loved ones. Being apart from everyone at Penang made me treasure everyone more than I could have imagined I would. I know that with your love and support I will always be cherished. Even though I am all grown up and is no longer that little girl who sits on daddy’s lap anymore.

Sometimes I wished that I could turn back time, back to my kindergarten years when you would take a break off work to take me riding on your motorcycle around the area. I can still remember the laughter we had, I can still see the broad smile on your face when you turned back to look if I was still sitting perfectly behind you. I can still feel the breeze blowing on our happy faces. That was the most wonderful memory of us. Just us two.

I know you are very proud of me, and that I have came this far, being in university and striving for my studies. I will never let you and mummy down! I will try my best at everything I do! When my graduation day comes, I want everyone to be so proud of me that everything else in the world would not matter anymore.

I will always love you, papa. Always. Happy Father’s Day.


Lovingly,
Xiu.

you are the sun in the night,
the stars in the day,
you may not always be right there beside me,
but you are there,
always.

You may not be the one who understands me most,
But one whose comfort I cherish.
You are the bitter in pills,
that never fail to make the pain go away.

You are the teacher that held my hand,
You are the lessons I love to hate,
But grew to love.

You may not be my best friend,
But will always be my beloved,
Beloved father.

No comments: