Sunday, August 16, 2009

let there be light



when it's dark and gloomy outside because of all the rain, u need some light.

it was raining that evening, i stirred up a cup of hot chocolate and sank my buttocks comfortably on the sofa by the window, with a book in my hand. as i rest my cup down on the coffee table, i saw her kneeling by the drain. curiosity kicked in, but i was thinking to myself, why in the world is someone kneeling by the drain, with arms outstretched in the rain?

as i positioned my face and body to have a better look of the whole incident, she slowly stood up, looking like she's carrying something in her arms. as she turned over, i ducked, worried of being mistaken for a peep. i pulled myself together, and watched as she walked in what seemed like the direction of home.

and i smiled. in her arms lay the most adorable little kitten.

that was my rainbow
in the rain.

No comments: