Tuesday, July 23, 2013

For Baby.

I miss you chasing me around the house. I miss you waiting for me at the door when I get home from work. I miss you jumping up and down with your toy in your little mouth wanting to play. I miss you waking me up in the morning with that cheerful smile on your face. I miss your floppy ears, your leathery nose and paws, I miss your little tail, wagging with happiness, I miss the intense look in your eyes, I miss your happiness. I miss your rubbing the tufts of fur on your head, on your back, I miss rubbing your tummy and watch your hind lefs kick the air with joy. I miss coaxing you to come down the stairs. I miss rewarding you with elated calls of "good girl yay!" when you were finally toilet-trained. I miss the way your little head bobs to one side when we talk to you. I miss playing rough and tumble with you, even when it meant having scars on my arm. I miss your greedy beg for food when we are having our dinner. If I let you nibble my ears and chew on my hair, will you please come back, Baby? I promise not to shout at you anymore. We miss you.
Good night Baby, sleep tight.