Tuesday, March 1, 2011

nailbiting in anticipation


first day of the last semester of my degree life today, had a cultural and communication policy lecture as well as a nerve-wrecking-3-hours-straight writing techniques class. i bet i looked like xiaoxiao up there -- all wide eyed-slash-being nervous and biting on stuff (nails) -- when dr. sharon asked us to write about ourselves and our writing styles. i have never spat out so much fragmented stories. writing class was a breath of fresh air for me, so different from the lectures we have, allowing us free reign of our imagination, creativity as well as free flow of emotions.

when we were asked to describe one of our dreams, i wrote about this nightmare i had of purple spiders with claws at the tip of its dangly legs. the nightmare was so vivid that when she asked us again to describe our emotions during the dream if possible, i could recall them as though i have just went through them. it was horrifyingly scary at the moment of writing, i had to stop and close my eyes, and in my mind's eye i could see myself reliving the scene all over again.
but it was therapeutic to be able to do that, releasing all my fears in writing. my heart throbbed along with my brain going through the entire process, but i felt as though a heavy burden was lifted off me. it was stressful to write on demand, but it was fun all the same. although i did some serious blunders for some of the exercises, i am looking forward to next week's class, anticipating what she has to say for my writings in what she calls "clinical exercises" to see how far is our writing abilities.

9 to 2 class tomorrow, non-stop. looking forward to it.

No comments: